HOW TWUC SUPPORTS OUR MEMBERS
- Powerful advocacy in support of writers’ rights
- Connection with a community of professional writers across the country
- Increased income opportunities through public and school readings programs
- Free professional development resources and how-to guides
- Be paid to mentor, or be mentored by, another writer through the Union's Mentorship Microgrants
- Access to dedicated staff for contract advice and grievance assistance
The Writers' Union of Canada presents webinars on a range of craft and business topics for writers. All TWUC webinars are closed captioned. Learn more about accessibility at the Union. The following webinars are open to the public; members of the Union can find special member-exclusive webinars and recordings in the TWUC Member Portal.
3:00 pm ET
12:00 pm PT
Health Benefits for Writers: Q&A with the Writers’ Coalition
Join us for this live info session about health benefits for writers through the Writers’ Coalition Program, offered by AFBS.
2:00 pm ET
11:00 am PT
Poetry and Place: In Conversation with Poet Laureates
Celebrate National Poetry Month and join us in this discussion with Poet Laureates from different cities across Canada.
Lea Beddia's debut YA novel, Take Off! from Rebel Mountain Press is due for release March 15th. Take Off! promotes literacy for struggling readers with a fast-paced story line and easy-to-read format. It promotes LGBTQ+ identities, resilience against bullying, kindness and courage. It will be…