HOW TWUC SUPPORTS OUR MEMBERS
- Powerful advocacy in support of writers’ rights
- Connection with a community of professional writers across the country
- Increased income opportunities through public and school readings programs
- Free professional development resources and how-to guides
- Be paid to mentor, or be mentored by, another writer through the Union's Mentorship Microgrants
- Access to dedicated staff for contract advice and grievance assistance
The Writers' Union of Canada presents webinars on a range of craft and business topics for writers. All TWUC webinars are closed captioned. Learn more about accessibility at the Union. The following webinars are open to the public; members of the Union can find special member-exclusive webinars and recordings in the TWUC Member Portal.
3:00 pm ET
12:00 pm PT
Health Benefits for Writers: Q&A with the Writers’ Coalition
Join us for this live info session about health benefits for writers through the Writers’ Coalition Program, offered by AFBS.
2:00 pm ET
11:00 am PT
Poetry and Place: In Conversation with Poet Laureates
Celebrate National Poetry Month and join us in this discussion with Poet Laureates from different cities across Canada.
Elke Brix (for a period in the 1990s)
I have been acting as an Agent for my brother, Brian Purdy, for about a year and a half now as he is elderly, ill, and unable to promote his own work in this way. I am very pleased to announce that in addition to several magazine publications, in early March a chapbook publication was secured for…